Diwali is a festival of diyas, candles, crackers and sweets.
Here is a list of tips for our sweet shop retailer friends to make it memorable for the customers.
1. Gift Packs: Say NO to customize gift packs.
- Keeping track of inventory becomes difficult.
- There can be N number of combination with 4 or 6 lines sweets gift pack.
- This consumes too much of time of the salesman and billing operator.
- The saved time will help us to cater more customers – more transactions.
- Customers wants fast delivery / service
2. Gift Packs: Offering pre-defined gift packs.
- Predefine gift packs SKU’s like Gift Pack A Rs.250, Gift Pack B Rs.250, Gift Pack C Rs.350.
- Limit this to maximum of 20 such SKU (gift packs).
- This helps customer to CHOOSE FAST, helps operator in BILL FASTER and enables service staff to DELIVER FASTEST.
- Make sure to provide a good choice of sweets at different price range for customer to take faster decision. The customer should feel value for money.
- Based on the past experience, plan a mix of sweets based on price, profitability, production time and complexity.
3. Gift Packs: Limit the number of items.
- This will help you to increase efficiency of production unit.
- This will result in more production with less wastage.
- Customer will save time on selection.
- Keep in mind that time is very precious in these festive days.
4. Separate Order + Cash Counter & Delivery Counter
- Separate counters enables cashier to focus on taking orders and collecting cash.
- Helps delivery team to focus only on deliveries.
- Allows you to manage and distribute the festival rush.
- This means you can handle MORE customers in the same time resulting in MORE sales.
5. Use of PoP: Point-of-Purchase
- Separate counter that displays the “new” & “must-buy” sweets pack.
- Does justice to all your offerings.
- Helps customers to make clear and faster choice.
- Allows you to drive the sales.
6. Give something free (Add Value)
- Customers expect more. If you can give something free on this festive season, it will create a good impact on the business.
- Never give cash discount. This will decrease the revenue.
- Use your own production so that it shows value addition – but costs you less.
- Own-production helps you in brand promotion during busiest festive season.
7. Entry and Exit Points
- Make sure to have 1 entry and 1 exit point.
- This helps you to manage the customer flow.
- Too many entry and exit points makes it difficult to handle festive rush.
- A pathway helps customer to move in a specific direction.
- 1 exit point ensures proper security of packages going out.
8. Groom your staff as your partners
- Welcome your customers with a smile.
- Use cross-sale and increase sales like suggesting them to buy specific Namkin with the sweets purchased.
- Use in-store signage to tempt their purchase.
9. Use of IT System
- Your software should be fast enough for taking orders and generating receipts.
- It should be well connected with your production unit to ensure back-to-back deliveries.
- Use of kitchen printers saves time of your staff to run between floor and kitchen.
- Make sure to integrate weigh-scale for accurate weighing and billing.
10. Give your customers a life-time experience
- Customer don’t buy sweets, they buy emotions and value added to it.
- The display and packaging of products should be hygienic.
- Make sure to deliver a memorable experience to your customer.
- 1 good customer is equal to 10 new customers.