Following are a few basic steps to standardize the recipes and bring cost in control.
- Decide the quantity of ingredients for an individual dish or portion (semi-finish products).
- List the ingredients in order of use.
- Reference utensils and equipments to use.
- Specify oven temperature, mixer speeds, container sizes, cooking times, serves to # clearly.
- Give decoration detail for each plate.
- Display final photograph of each plate so that anyone can look at the picture and see how it is supposed to look when it is ready for customer.
- Make this information easily available to each chef and cooks.