At the very beginning POS operator has to enter Opening Cash balance along with exact denomination and get the print out of the same to be sent to the manager.
After the whole day sale transaction, at the time of leaving the counter or shifting to any other staff he / she has to enter closing cash balance along with exact denomination and get the print out of the same to be sent to the manager.
Step 1: Do the following changes in the Sales Option:
- Prompt for Op Drawer Bal = Yes / Ask
- Prompt for Cl Drawer Bal = Yes / Ask
- Prompt for Z Report = Close Batch + Print / Close Batch Only (Optional)
- Print MOP Counting Slip = Ask / Yes (Optional)
Step 2: Do the following changes in the Designation Setup:
- From main menu go to the Designation Setup (M > O > D)
- Set the followings in the "Change Action Control" option:
- CDB Opening Entry = Yes / Secure
- CDB Closing Entry = Yes / Secure
- CDB Print Z Report = Yes / Secure (Optional)
Step 3: Enter the Opening Cash Drawer Balance:
Step 3: Enter the Closing Cash Drawer Balance:
- As soon as you save the closing entry Batch will be closed automatically if "Prompt for Z Report" is set to "Close Batch + Print / Close Batch Only" in the Sales Option. However you can do the same thing from Cash Drawer Balancing also, there you just need to select the desired Batch ID row and then press CTRL + B, rest of the process is same as above.
- Closing will be Opening + Day Cash Transaction, any gain or shortfall will be printed in the Z Report.
Step 4: Close the existing Batch:
- After entering the Closing Cash Balance
- From main menu go to the Cash Drawer Balancing (S > R > B)
- Select the desired Batch ID row which is now Open in Status
- Press ALT + Z or click “-Z Print Z” button to print the Z Report
- Subsequently, status of the selected Batch will be changed to Closed.
Concept of Batch:
- Batch is generated automatically at the time of saving sale transaction or entering Opening Cash Drawer Balance.
- It consists numeric id like 000001.001, 000002.001 etc which is called Batch ID.
- It is unique and individual for every performing Users.
- Same Batch will be continued for the User until and unless you close it. Only after closing the existing batch, new one can be generated for that user.