Where: This can come while you are performing any of the following
a) Restoring Database
b) Attaching Database
c) Creating NEW Database
d) Creating DEMO Database
You will find the following in the error.log file
The file "C:\FusionRetail6\Data\FR6VWO.mdf" is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup. The file must be decompressed. Could not open new database 'FR6VWO'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
CAUSE: This problem occurs because the FusionRetail 6 database files cannot be read or written when the database is compressed. In short SQL Server databases are not supported on compressed volumes.
- Go to My Computer
- Find the Data Folder (folder in which the .mdf file is to be created)
- Right Click and go to Advanced.
- Make sure that is marked as Read only and
- Uncheck “Compress contents to save disk space” check box
- Manually create a folder on the compressed drive. You will store the database in this folder later
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties
- On the General tab, click Advanced
- Click to clear the Compress contents to save disk space check box, and then click OK two times
- Note : You might need to stop the sql server from configuration manager
- Go to a command prompt
- Navigate to the folder (here 'E:\') the file (here 'E:\Compressed_DB.mdf') is situated in
- Type 'compact /u' and press enter