HID (Human Interface Device) card is widely used in business organization as ID card. You can use HID card reader in FusionRetail6 to track and record daily attendance of the employee.
Step 1: Download the drivers:
- Download Fr6ThirdPartyDrivers.exe from here .
- Run the above file to extract its content to C:\FusionRetail6\ or the directory where FR6 is installed. Before extract make sure that all of the applications of Fr6 are closed.
- Install HID_OMNIKEY5x2x_x86_R1_2_9_2.exe from C:\FusionRetail6\Fr6ThirdPartyDrivers\ or the directory where it is extracted.
- Now plug in HID card reader to USB port. It will detect the driver automatically.
RanceLab® FusionRetail™6 Third Party Drivers: These drivers are required by RanceLab® FusionRetail™6 to integrate some devices. It installs all the necessary drivers and dll files required to integrate 3rd party devices. Please choose the installed folder of FR6 during the installation.
Step 2: Edit C:\FusionRetail6\FR6.CreditCard.xml file:
- Open C:\FusionRetail6 \FR6.CreditCard.xml by right clicking and open in Notepad.
- Go to the bottom of the file.
- And then type the following changes as shown in the picture below, please skip this if the changes already exist.
- There are two more dll files for different types of card readers and that are FwS3Dll.dll, dcrf32.dll. You just need to make winscard.dll file active and FwS3Dll.dll, dcrf32.dll file inactive. Adding "<!--" at line start and "-->" at line finish will make the dll file inactive and adding “<” at line start and “>” at line finish will make the dll file active for the software. Else you may choose to completely delete the line which is not required.
- Two dlls will not work at the same time, so make sure that only one dll is active.
Step 3: Assign a Card to an Employee:
- Go to the "Employee Master" (E> M> E).
- Put one card on the card reader and select an existing customer.
- Press 'Alt + C' or click on “-C Assign Card” at "Card Number" field to assign the card
- Now press 'Alt + S' to save.
Note: You cannot assign a Smart Card while creating a new employee master, as this feature works only with already created employee master. So you need to create an employee first and then assign a card to that employee in modify mode.
Step 4: Setting up Attendance Voucher option:
- Go to the "Attendance Voucher" (E> T> A).
- Press 'Alt + O'.
- Set Smart Card Device at “Method of Input” field.
- Press 'Alt + S' to save the changes.
Step 5: Enter daily attendance using Smart Card device:
- Go to the "Daily Attendance" (E> T> D).
- You will get "Use Your Card" screen.
- Put employee’s Smart Card on the card reader.
- Click on "Read" button to enter attendance data.
Every employee need to put his/her smart card on the card reader twice in a day. Put the card first time while entering into the office and at last time while leaving the office.