Concept: The objective is to access the Data Service running at FR6 Server on port 6161 from outside of your local network. All you need is a fixed public IP at head office.
- All you need is a broadband connection with a fixed public IP at HO. Please speak to your ISP (internet service provider) and they will get you one. Probably with some extra charges.
- You need to configure your router to forward all connections on port 6161, to the private IP address of your FR6 Server computer. A number of good reading material and how-to-do-guides can be found here and here.
- NO. You do not need fixed public IP at branches.
How to test:
For our test, we need the following information
- Fixed Public IP (AKA external IP or static IP) at HO: = 220.127.116.11. Click here if you want to find out the public IP.
- Private IP (AKA local IP or internal IP) of HO Server: = 192.168.0.20.
- Port of the data service: The Data Service is configured and running at port 6161 on HO Server. You can check this out by pressing Alt + F9 or on any screen of FR6.
Now do the following test.
Test 1: On the HO Server: Open Internet browser > type http://192.168.0.20:6161 (http://your_ private_ ip_address: port_of_data_service)
Test 2: On the HO Server: Open Internet browser > type http://18.104.22.168:6161 (http://your_ public_ ip_address: port_of_data_service)
Test 3: On any computer outside of your network: Open Internet browser > type http://22.214.171.124:6161.For example a computer at your branch or any mobile or laptop with internet connection.
- Please note that all the above links should open a data service page.
- Once you are done with this test please check out http://www.rancelab.com/faq/solution_id_1712.html for setting it up in FR6.