To set the permissions for a file or folder:
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the file or folder for which you want to edit the permissions.
- Right-click the folder and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- To add a new access control setting to the folder, click Add.
- Select the users, computers, or groups that this access control setting is applied to, click Add, and then click OK.
- To remove an access control setting, click Remove.
- To edit the permissions for any group, select the user or group, and then use the corresponding check boxes in the Permissions pane.
- Click OK to accept the settings, click Cancel to cancel any changes you have made, or click Apply to apply the changes without closing the file or folder properties.
To make Security Tab visible if it is missing:
- Click Start, and then click My Computer.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- In the Advanced Settings section, click to clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
- Click OK.
Related Question and Links