We have used the Bixolon OPOS driver to explain the concept of setting up poll display with FusionRetail 6. The setup is done in three phases
- We need to first install OPOS driver and test the device with it.
- Next we need to tell FusionRetail about the logical device name.
- Testing the setup
Setting up display with OPOS Driver.
- Connect the Poll Display with COM1 of the computer
- Download OPOS Driver from Bixolon web site
- Install the OPOS driver
- Start > Programs > BIXOLON OPOS Driver > OPOS Setup Utility
- Add Display and select Device (BCD-1000)
- Enter “display” in the LDN field. We will use this LDN name in FusionRetail 6 in station setup.
- Use check health and it should display welcome message at the display screen.
- Once the check health start working fine, proceed to next stage.
Setting up FusionRetail to work with above setup
- Go to station setup (Main > T > A > S)
- Open your current station in modify mode using Alt + L
- Note : To know your current station name press Alt + F9 on any screen to open about FR6 screen. You can find the station name from this screen.
- Go to Customer Display field and press Ctrl + N
- Enter “display” in device name
- Select “Customer Display” in device type.
- Come back to station setup using ESC key and select Display in Customer Display field.
To test the above settings
- Go to Sale Invoice (Scan POS) from Main > S T S
- Enter items
- It will display item name, qty and price on the Poll Display.
Related Topic : OPOS technology : Introduction