Scenario: I perfectly categorised my products according to respective sub groups. All the products of a sub group have same ‘Tax on Sale’ for them. Is it possible to maintain the ‘Tax on Sale’ according to the sub group?
Answer: To maintain the ‘Tax on Sale’ according to the subgroup please use the following steps,
- Go to Main Menu > Master Data Management > Inventory > Product Management (M> I >P)
- Enter the name of the product
- Select the Brand Name from the list (or create a new brand name, if required, by pressing Ctrl + N)
- Go to ‘Sub Group’ field
- Press ‘Ctrl + N’ to create a new sub group
- Select a group name from the list (or create a new brand name, if required, by pressing Ctrl + N)
- Go to ‘Tax at Sale’ field and select the tax name (already created) from the list.
- Enter other details
- Save sub group master
- Press ‘Esc’ key to come back to the Product Creation Screen
- You will find that the ‘Sub Group’, ‘Group Name’, ‘Department’, ‘Tax at Purchase’ and ‘Tax at Sale’ will be automatically updated.
- Fill all the other fields
- The priority of Tax selection on Product is higher that on subgroup, i.e. if you select ‘Tax A’ on subgroup and ‘Tax B’ on Product, during bill creation software will calculate tax according to ‘Tax B’
- If you change the 'Tax at Sale' in the subgroup it will aotomatically affect the tax of the Product.
For more details please visit: