In order to understand this, you need to understand the working of the following reports. There are some fundamental differences present between these reports.
How Day End Report Works?
- Day End Report shows net Sale Value.
- Net Sale Value = Item Value – Product Discount + Tax with
- Add (+) Other Charges (if any) bill wise
- Less (-) Bill Discount (if any) bill wise
- Add (+ or -) Round off (if any)
How The Stock Statement Works?
It shows Sale Value = Product Value with
- No Discount
- No Tax (if exclusive)
- No other charges,
- No bill discount or round off.
Also there are some options available in stock statement
- Valuation Method
- Actual Rate = this is based on the actual rates (Sale price or MRP or Cost price as per the Valuation Rate Chosen) of each ProductChild of the product.
- Average Rate = It will calculate Average Rates of all the ProductChild of the product.
- Last Rate = It will pick the Rate from last product child.(not on last date)
- Valuation Rate
- Select any one from the Options containing Cost Price, Purchase Price and MRP.