It is recommended that you backup your database every day. Please note that at the time of server crash backup files are the main resources for recovery. However attaching .MDF files are always the second option.
The steps to attach an .MDF file are.
- Copy .mdf file in ‘FusionRetail6\Data’ folder of server
- Go to ‘C:\FusionRetail6\ ‘
- Delete the ‘FusionRetail.exe.config’ file.
- Run the FusionRetail6 software it will open the Database Manager click on the Next button
- Select the ServerName, Authentication, UserName, Password (Default Username is sa with blank password) and Click on Next button
- Select ‘attach’ from the list and Click on Next button
- Specify the database name (as per your need) and select the appropriate MDF file and click on the Next button it will ask for your confirmation click on ‘yes’ it will attach the MDF file.
- Now select station and press Next button
For more info on Database setting please visit:
Alternatively you can use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express attach MDF file.
- Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
- Connect the server
- Right click on Database in Object Explorer
- Will find a list of options
- Click on Attach
- Click on Add
- Select .Mdf file from browse screen
- Click ok on browse screen
- Delete log file using remove button
- Click Ok and the database should attach.